The world of film is nothing short of amazing. Some movie-lovers are so heavily invested in the film universe that they are considered true fanatics. What better way to express your love for films than by discovering interesting facts and trivia together? We’ve got you covered with a comprehensive look at the most exciting and fun facts about movies to discover.
Let’s Get Things Started: A Quick History of Movies
The world of movies began in the late 19th century. In 1895, French brothers Auguste and Louis Lumière unveiled the world’s first motion picture camera and projector, the cinematograph. Movies quickly grew in popularity and mediums changed from silent films to the “talkies.” The most iconic films of the 20th century featured iconic stars from the golden age of Hollywood like James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. In the 21st century, American films have become one of the biggest international movie industries.
Join the Motorcycle Club: 10 Best Biker Movies
When it comes to films about motorcycles, every fan is sure to have their own opinions. Here is a list of 10 films that any motorcycle fan will love:
- The Leather Boys (1964)
- The Wild Angels (1966)
- Easy Rider (1969)
- On Any Sunday (1971)
- Stone (1974)
- Mad Max (1979)
- The Hot Leathers (1982)
- The Wild One (1985)
- Sons of Anarchy (2008)
10.Hells Angels On Wheels (2007)
From vampires to superheroes, there is no shortage of fantastic films and franchises. Some part of the allure of these films is the backstories and making of the films. Fans can immerse themselves in a world of fun and interesting facts about movies.
Delving into Fun Facts About Movies
Each and every movie has some unique facts and stories behind it. In addition to behind-the-scenes stories, some movies are based on real-life events. Movie fans can have endless discussions about the making of films, who starred in them, and the stories and themes that the movie expresses. Here are some fun trivia and facts about movies that will surely be interesting to explore:
• The 1981 film, Raiders of the Lost Ark was released the same year as the Ishtar, which is considered to be the worst film ever made.
• The 1999 film, The Matrix was released the same year as the Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace, which is considered to be the most anticipated movie sequel ever made.
• The 1990 movie, Home Alone was released the same year as Total Recall, which is considered to be one of the best-acted sci-fi films ever made.
• Alfred Hitchcock, one of the greatest directors of all time, only ever acted in one movie. It was 1927’s The Lodger, and he played a tiny bit part as a bus conductor.
• The Lord of the Rings trilogy was shot over the course of nearly 18 months, and has one of the longest production shoots in cinematic history.
• The 2003 movie, The Matrix Revolution is the first movie ever to be released simultaneously in theaters and on television worldwide.
• In the first The Lord of the Rings movie, The Fellowship of the Ring, Sean Bean’s character, Boromir, was killed just before the two hour mark. That is considered to be the earliest death of a main character in any movie based on a novel.
• In the movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Disney made sure to cast real dwarves to play the characters of the seven dwarfs.
• The 1969 film Easy Rider was the first major American film made without using a studio. Director Dennis Hopper and actor Peter Fonda financed the entire film themselves for about $350,000.
• In the 1993 movie Jurassic Park, the velociraptors are actually played by the much smaller turkey vultures.
Finding Out Who’s Behind the Scenes: More Fun Facts About Movie Cast & Crew
Behind the scenes, a movie is produced by a huge team with dozens of creative roles. Here are some fun facts about cast and crew that every movie fan should know:
• The 1981 blockbuster movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark, was directed by Steven Spielberg, and produced by George Lucas.
• Chadwick Boseman, who played the title role in Black Panther, was the first black actor in a leading superhero part in a major Hollywood film.
• The 2008 movie, Slumdog Millionaire was co-directed by Danny Boyle and Loveleen Tandan.
• The 2019 blockbuster, Avengers: Endgame, was the highest-grossing film of all time with more than $2.8 billion.
• The 2011 movie Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was the last movie ever to be directed by David Yates.
• Stan Lee, the comic book writer, editor and publisher, was a key part of Marvel Comics since its inception in the 1960s and went on to appear in cameos in a number of Marvel films.
• Star Wars: The Last Jedi was co-written and directed by Rian Johnson. Johnson is the first director to have worked on more than one Star Wars movie.
• Quentin Tarantino, the revered filmmaker behind films such as Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained, has been nominated for 10 Oscars and won for both writing and directing.
• The 2019 movie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was written and directed by Quentin Tarantino.
• Christopher Nolan, the acclaimed filmmaker behind The Dark Knight and Inception, wrote and directed all three films of the Dark Knight trilogy.
Bringing Everything Together: How to Bring Fanatics Together
Movie fanatics can come together to discuss films and share facts. There are numerous ways to do this, including hosting movie nights, sharing movie-related posts on social media, and even going on a themed road trip.
• Movie Nights: One of the best ways to bring together a group of friends and fellow movie fans is to host regular movie nights. This can be done with a projector and a sheet hung in the backyard. Invite friends over and watch a classic or an old favorite and discuss it afterwards.
• Social Media Posts: Social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are great places to share your own favorites and discover new films. Platforms like Reddit have dedicated groups for movie fanatics.
• Themed Road Trip: A great way to explore movies is to take a road trip themed around a particular movie franchise. Make stops at film-themed locations and take pictures with movie props.
Film fanatics unite! There is no better way to celebrate our love for films than by finding interesting facts and trivia together. From a quick history of movies to fun facts about movie cast and crew, there is a never-ending source of new topics to explore. Through movie nights, social media posts and themed road trips, fanatics can come together and discuss their favorite films. Let’s explore, discover and share our favorite films together!