Exchanging Valentines day cards has become a tradition in many societies and cultures. Every February 14, people all around the world choose the perfect cards to mark and celebrate the special bond between two people; loved ones, friends, family, co-workers and more. What better way is there to show someone how much you love and care for them than a card filled with sweet words and endearments?
Putting your feelings down in words is always a challenge, so that is why we are here to help you craft the perfect Valentine’s Day card messages to express your love and affection in the moment.
What to Say in a Valentine’s Day Card
No two people are the same and therefore, no two love stories are the same either. The perfect Valentine card messages may vary depending on a number of factors such as the relationship you have with the other person and the type of connection you share.
Here are some examples of heartfelt things that you can say in a Valentine’s day card:
• I’m so in love with you.
• You make my heart beat faster.
• You take my breath away.
• You are my one and only.
• You are my sunshine.
• You are my soulmate.
• You are my reason to smile.
• I cherish every moment we spend together.
• I’m beyond blessed to have you in my life.
• I’m so thankful for you.
• You are my dream come true.
• You mean the world to me.
• I’m crazy about you.
• I’m lucky to be yours.
• I love being loved by you.
• You light up my world.
• You are my biggest inspiration.
• You make my life complete.
Sweet Valentine’s Day Card Messages
When crafting a valentines day card message, you can make it even more meaningful by writing it from the heart using your own words. Here are some examples of sweet messages that you can add to your card:
• From the day I met you, I knew I was in love.
• Wishing you that your Valentine’s Day is full of love and happiness.
• I love you with all my heart.
• My heart beats only for you.
• Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you.
• You are always in my thoughts.
• No matter what happens, I will love you today and forever.
• I never knew love until I found you.
• You make my days sweeter.
• I feel so lucky to have you in my life.
• You are my everything.
• I love the way you make me smile.
• With you by my side, everything is better.
• I’m forever yours.
• There’s no one else who I’d rather spend February 14th with.
Romantic Valentine’s Day Card Messages
When it comes to writing a card for that special someone in your life, it’s perfectly fine to get a bit romantic. If you’re trying to make the card extra special for your significant other, here are some romantic ideas:
• You have a special place in my heart.
• I’m never giving up on us.
• I love you more than I ever thought I could.
• Each and every day, I am so grateful to have you by my side.
• You make me feel so alive.
• Being with you is the best feeling ever.
• Your kisses are like magic.
• I will never get tired of telling you how much I love you.
• I can’t help but fall in love with you, over and over and over again.
• I’m the luckiest person in the world to be in love with you.
• I never knew what true love was until I met you.
• Nothing can make me happier than spending my life with you.
• With each passing day, my love for you grows stronger.
• Seeing you smile always gives me so much joy.
• You are the most beautiful person in my eyes.
Funny Valentine’s Day Card Messages
Another way to express your love and affection is by adding a bit of humor and wit to the card. If you want to crack a smile or laugh on Valentine’s day, here are some funny messages you can use:
• You and me make the perfect team of two!
• Cupid must have had really good aim.
• You can take my breath away, but please give it back.
• I love you so much, I’m willing to share my chocolate.
• Did it hurt? Because it looks like you fell from the sky!
• I waited all year for this special day to tell you I like you… a lot.
• I’m sorry I’m a little late, Cupid told me to follow him.
• All I need is one hug from you to make all my worries go away.
• At least I don’t have to buy a present this year since I already have an amazing someone.
• You are the honey to my tea, the cream to my coffee, and the icing on my cake.
• I promise the rest of your life with me will be nothing short of wonderful.
• My love for you is like a picture, it’s worth a thousand words.
What Not to Say in a Valentine’s Day Card
Some card messages, while they may seem like a good idea in the moment, may actually be counterproductive when taken out of context. Some things to avoid when crafting your special Valentine’s day card are phrases like:
• “Let’s break up”
• “I’m not sure how I feel about you”
• “I’m not sure if I love you”
• “You don’t look like my type”
• “I’m only with you because I don’t have other choices”
• “You’re not special”
• “I’m not sure what I want”
• “I don’t like you as much as I used to”
• “I don’t think of you in a romantic way”
• “I’m here because I’m lonely”
• “I’m not sure if I want the same things as you”
Gifting Valentine’s day cards is an age-old tradition that has spanned cultures and generations. Everyone loves receiving heartfelt messages and tokens of love, so make your Valentine’s day cards even more enjoyable and meaningful by crafting the perfect messages to express your love and affection. Whether you go for something romantic, funny or sweet, your Valentine is sure to appreciate it.